What is aftercare for lip filers?
As regards to the healong time, it takes around one week. Some people bruise and eveyone swells.
- No sunbeds for 1 week after the treatment (we recommend using SPF 50 on the lips if you’re going on holiday)
- No alcohol 48 hours before or after treatment
- No recreational drugs in your system before or after treatment
- Vaseline application or Aloe Vera after treatment
- No kissing
- Massage the lips on the third day after treatment for 5 days (with clean hands)
- No smoking for 30 minutes after treatment
- Apply a cold compress to reduce spelling
Information on Bruising
Some clients are more susceptible to bruising after a dermal filler procedure, this is nothing to be alarmed about even the best injectors can give the patient a bruise, red spots or temporary bumps with any cosmetic injectables.
If you bruise easily, you may need to allow 2 weeks for healing. Most bruises can be easily covered fairly well with makeup. However, if you have an extremely important event coming up, I would recommend having fillers done at least 3-4 weeks before the big day, as sometimes bruises can last for up to 14 days.
Remember a bruise may last 1-2 weeks but your cosmetic results will last much longer.